Welcome to the Mediathek in the town of Wehr!
The Mediathek in Wehr offers a range of 32.000 media: books, newspapers, magazines, CDs, CD-ROMs, DVDs, videos, audio-cassettes and games.
- In order to use the Mediathek a non-transferable membership card is necessary, which can be acquired at the reception desk.
- An ID card or passport is necessary to register. For children and young people under the age of 18 a signature from the parents ( guardians ) is required.
- The annual subscription is EUR 12,- for adults to borrow any of the printed media ; EUR 20,- in order to use any of the entire media we provide.
- It is free for children and young people under the age of 18 to borrow the books, magazines and games. The annual subscription for audio-visual media is EUR 6,-
- Students / trainees over 18 years, those doing the military / social service , unemployed or severely disabled persons who can provide proof of their situation pay an annual subscription of EUR 6,- in order to borrow books, magazines or games. To use the entire range, the subscription fee is EUR 10,-.
- The family membership card enables all the members of the same household to borrow any of the media from the entire range. The annual subscription is EUR 25,-. Family members pay no additional subscription fees for the Mediathek membership card.
- Please sign to confirm acceptance of the Mediathek regulatons of the town Wehr. On request you will receive a copy of the regulations.
- Provision of your email address will enable us to send reminders, notice of pre- booked articles or other information concerning the Mediathek via email.
Should you lose your membership card , please inform the Mediathek staff who will then cancel the card in order to prevent any misuse. A relacement card costs EUR 2,50 for adults or EUR 1,50 for childen and young people. Please inform of any changes in name or address.
Lockers for bags or handbags can be found In the entrance to the Mediathek.
- A total of 30 Media can be borrowed , which may include 6 videos, 6 DVDs,9 cassettes, 9 CDs, 4 games, 6 CD-ROMs and 4 computer games. Media which consist of more than 1 part count as one article. Reference works for research and the current editions of magazines cannot be lent out.
- Please inform us immediately of the damage or loss of any media. Any damage or loss must be paid for or replaced.
- Books may be borrowed for 4 weeks, all other media can be taken out for 2 weeks. The period for the borrowed items can be extended twice by 2 or 4 weeks, providing the items have not been reserved for someone. The extension can be requested by telephone, email, fax or directly at the reception desk. The book must be returned by the written or orally agreed date.
- The Mediathek has a self-booking system for the lending out and returning of media. After returning the items should be placed in the relevant trolley, according to the colour on the back cover.
- In case the alarm goes off when passing through the security control, we request you to return to the reception desk in order to check the items.
- It is also possible to return the books outside of the opening hours. For this purpose, there is a red container at the entrance to the Mediathek. Please do not return the media in bags and make sure that they do actually fall into the container. You will be held responsible for any losses.
The Mediathek staff will be pleased to help you, should you need any further information . On the OPACs ( user PCs ) it is possible for you to check the status of any of the media ( available, lent out etc. ). You can also check your own account and extend or pre-book media. This service is equally possible from your own PC at home through the Online Catalogue:
Exceeding the borrowing limit
A fee must be paid for not adhering to the borrowing limit or failure to extend the limit in time. The fee is EUR 0,75 per item for the start of each week.
- Should you require a media which has already been lent out it is possible to pre-book the item. This prevents the lender from extending the time limit of that item. As soon as the media is returned you will be informed by us ,either by email or post.
- A fee of EUR 1,00 per item is payable.
Books which are not part of our stock can be borrowed from other libraries via the external lending system. The books can be ordered for a fee of EUR 2,50 per book, which must be paid in advance.
You are responsible for all the media taken out on your membership card. You are liable for replacement of any loss, non -returned or damaged items. The Mediathek of Wehr is not liable for any damage which may occur through the use of our media.
We hope that you enjoy using our Mediathek, Should you have any suggestions for improvement or any criticisms concerning the Mediathek , we are always ready to listen.